Hand Held Slot Punch Without Guide Review
More and more offices are using name badges and key cards, which is also increasing the need for slot punches. One great tool for this is the Hand Held Slot Punch. With high quality, all metal design, this is a professional heavy duty device excellent for use in any office. It reliably produces industry standard slots ideal for name tags, ID badges, and key cards. Here is a closer look at the details of this handy little device.
- The lightweight and compact design make this slot punch incredibly convenient. For personal use, it can easily store in or on your desk. Or you could keep one in a general office supply cabinet for shared use. And since it weighs less than two pounds, it’s easily carried to wherever punching is needed.
- This punch is designed for hand held use. This is especially convenient for on-the-go punching, such as you might find at an outdoor concert venue. Since a solid surface isn’t needed for use, this slot punch can be used anywhere.
- Solid steel construction provides strong leverage while still being easy to use. A heavy duty spring allows the punch to swiftly pop back out of the the punched material and keeps the device from jamming.
- Laminated materials, heavier cardstock, and PVC ID cards up to 33mil thick can all be punched by this tool. It reaches up to ¼ inch in from the outside and creates slots only 1/8 inch by ½ inch in size. This is perfect for being compatible with plastic strap situs slot gacor clips, retractable badge reels, and neck lanyards.
- The manufacturer provides a one year warranty backing on this model.
- The biggest drawback to this tool is the lack of a centering guide. This may not affect many offices but larger organizations with higher quantities of items to punch will appreciate the time saved and consistency achieved by the use of a guide. This same model is available with an adjustable guide for a slightly higher cost.
- There isn’t a chip tray to catch the remnants. While this isn’t a huge issue, there is the potential for small pieces of plastic to litter your office if not used over a trash can. If you think this will be a problem for you, we also offer other punches that do have a small receptacle for the tiny chads.
- One last thing is the wear this device will have on your hands. Since it can only be used manually, heavier use could leave your hands sore and tired from constant punching. There are electric punches available but are generally used for industrial applications or in large organizations needing thousands of punches a year. Most users won’t find this to be a big problem.
Overall, the Hand Held Slot Punch is an excellent device to have around the office. It is especially recommended for use in hospitals, universities, high tech offices, security centers, and any other controlled access environment. With heavy duty steel construction and a warranty backing, this is one tool that is reliably built to last. We think the Hand Held Slot Punch is a great device for any office.